Applicants must be a graduate of a United States or Canadian Emergency Medicine or Family and Community Medicine Residency who is board eligible (within 3 years of residency graduation) or board certified.
Please e-mail the Fellowship coordinator your application materials:
- A letter of intent explaining the reasons for your interest in the Fellowship position and identifying your most relevant skills, abilities and experiences.
- Current CV with reliable phone contact information
- Two to three letters of recommendation (emailed directly from your letter writers)
- Letters emailed directly from the applicant to the program will NOT be accepted as valid; they must be sent directly from the letter author.
- All materials should be submitted by email before the application deadline of September 15.
- Wilderness Medicine Fellowships use a national match hosted by the Wilderness Medical Society
.No offers to external candidates will occur before dates and times listed on the WMS website. Traditionally, match results are released November 1.
- If there are spots available in the fellowship after the match, please feel free to reach out for availability to apply in the late fall/winter for the following academic year’s positions. If searching for an open fellowship position later than the February of the same year you wish to begin fellowship, please send written rationale for an off-cycle application for review along with all other required application materials.
Fellowship Director- Susanne J. Spano, MD
Fellowship Coordinator: Marie Martinez
Telephone: (559) 499-6647
UCSF Fresno Emergency Medicine Residency Program
155 North Fresno Street, Suite 206
Fresno, CA 93701
Web address: https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/wilderness-medicine/
UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program web address: https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu