UCSF Fresno’s multidisciplinary wellness committee, LIVE (Life, Inspiration, Vitality, Engagement), aims to empower all members of our community to achieve a more balanced approach to their wellness by providing guidance, tools and support.
Celebrate wellness and enjoy the camaraderie of the UCSF Fresno/CRMC/CCFMG community at the Harvest Wellness Festival! Celebrate the tenets of the LIVE Committee: Life, Inspiration, Vitality and Engagement
Come join us and enjoy
· Free health screenings
· Chair massage and more!
Welcome to Suicide Prevention Week
While suicide prevention is an important topic to address year-round, September is a time that we can come together to really focus on this difficult topic.
The truth is, we can all benefit from honest conversations about mental health conditions and suicide, because just one conversation can save a life.
During Suicide Prevention Month thousands of individuals and organizations join together to support suicide prevention by engaging in a range of activities, from sharing on social media to hosting community events.
The theme for this year’s Suicide Prevention Activation Kit is Finding Purpose – Taking Care of Ourselves and Others.
Having a sense of purpose in life is truly powerful; it enhances resiliency in the face of challenging circumstances and helps us keep going when things are tough.
So what is happening this month?
- 9/5 – ArtHop – Come visit the Department of Behavioral Health booth in front of Fulton Coffee Roasters 2015 Tuolumne St, Fresno, CA 93721.
- 9/7 – Fresno State Home Opener – Stop by the Behavioral Health booth as your Mountain West Conference Champs Fresno State Bulldogs take on the Minnesota Golden Gophers.
- 9/9 – 9/13 Suicide Prevention Week – Keep on the lookout for special events during the week as well as a daily email filled with information and resources.
- 9/10 – Board of Supervisors Proclamation – Attend the Board of Supervisors meeting and support the proclamation to make September 8th -14th Suicide Prevention Week in Fresno County.
- 9/10 – World Suicide Prevention Day – Take to your social media page and share the hashtag #WSPD for World Suicide Prevention Day.
- 9/14 – Stomp It Out – Attend the Stomp It Out event at Fresno State’s Maple Mall to help end Prescription Drug Abuse. Visit stompitoutpda.com
- 9/21 – Carnaval 2019 – Bring your family to the Carnaval 2019 at the Sal Mosqueda Community Center from 11am to 3pm 4670 E. Butler Ave. Fresno, CA 93702.
- 9/27 & 9/28 – SoberStock – Swing by the Manchester Center for Live Music, Car Show, Food, and games at the 14th annual SoberStock.
What is your role?
This month, we invite you to prioritize self-care. Sometimes, it can be difficult to prioritize one’s self over others. Taking the time to care for our whole self—body, mind, and soul—will keep us mentally well.
This includes activities and practices that we can engage in on a regular basis to reduce stress and to maintain and enhance our health and well-being. As many of us have heard, it is essential to “put on your own oxygen mask first.”
Once we have attended to our own needs, we are better equipped to take care of others. Something as simple as a few thoughtful words, or a few minutes of kindness can change the course of a person’s day.
People we encounter may be experiencing problems we know nothing about, and that random act of kindness may brighten their day.
Suicide is Preventable…Know the Signs, Find the Words, and Reach Out. Click the link and understand how you can help. https://www.suicideispreventable.org/
This past winter, the National Academy of Medicine put out a nationwide call for artists of all skills and abilities to submit artwork that expresses how clinicians, their loved ones, patients, and organizations experience and are affected by clinician burnout and well-being. Artists were asked to answer the question: What does clinician well-being look, feel, and sound like to you? Over 350 people responded.
We are thrilled to share 100 of these pieces with you through our permanent digital gallery, which aims to promote greater awareness and understanding of barriers to clinician well-being and to highlight potential solutions to protect and promote the well-being of clinicians of all kinds, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, and others. Click here to view the online gallery.
Clinician Well-Being and Knowledge Hub
Sharing Knowledge to Combat Clinician Burnout