Omer Ilyas, MD
Omer Ilyas, MD, is a fellowship-trained hematologist and medical oncologist who is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
He attended the University of Toledo College of Medicine in Toledo, OH, for his medical degree. Dr. Ilyas then went on to complete a residency in Internal Medicine at Northwell Health-Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, New York. He then pursued further training by completing a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Northwell Health-Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, New York.
Dr. Ilyas is an active member of the medical community. He is a member of multiple medical societies, including the American Society of Hematology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, and American College of Physicians. Dr. Ilyas has an active interest in clinical research in the field of hematology and medical oncology. He has been involved in numerous research projects throughout his academic career. Dr. Ilyas has a keen interest in being involved in clinical trials for his patients with head and neck cancer.
When Dr. Ilyas isn’t treating patients or conducting research, he enjoys spending time with his family, especially his young daughter. He also enjoys watching sports, like basketball and football.
Dr. Ilyas is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi.
Education and Training
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship; Northwell Health-Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Internal Medicine Residency; Northwell Health-Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Doctor of Medicine; University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
- Bachelor of Science; Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine Hematology Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology Certification
- NIHSS Stroke Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- California State Medical License
- New York State Medical License
- Gates Millennium Scholar