Associate Clinical Professor
University of Minnesota Medical School
Nicole Kopari, MD
Nicole Kopari, MD, is board certified in Surgical Critical Care and General Surgery.
Nicole Kopari is an Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery at the University of California San Francisco Fresno. She earned her medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School and completed her residency in General Surgery at Michigan State University. Dr. Kopari then went on to complete a Burn Fellowship at the University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center followed by a fellowship in Surgical Critical Care at the University of Texas-Memorial Hermann Houston.
Dr. Kopari’s professional interests include teaching and mentoring medical students and residents, burn resuscitation, quality improvement, and overall patient outcomes, along with physician burnout.
She is a member of many organizations including the American Burn Association, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, and American College of Surgeons. She is a course instructor for ABLS, ATLS, and ASSET.
She enjoys outdoor activities and is an avid sports enthusiast with special interests in football, basketball, and track. Dr. Kopari competed at the Division 1 Level on a full-ride track scholarship. She spends her free time traveling, camping, fishing, and scuba diving. She is fluent in English.
Education & Medical Training
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship; University of Texas Memoral Hermann Houston
- Burn Fellow; University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center
- General Surgery Residency; Michigan State University
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- University of Minnesota Bachelor of Science Degree
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Surgery – General Certification
- American Board of Surgery – Surgical Critical