Student Research Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with UCSF Fresno. Our institution has numerous research projects in need of data collection at any given time, and these studies provide an excellent opportunity for volunteers to gain exposure into the biomedical field. In order to be considered as a volunteer for our institution, the below application must be returned to our volunteer coordinator along with a letter of recommendation and your CV/resume. Faculty mentors and research coordinators will reach out to you directly when a position becomes open and will guide you through the next steps of the process. We are very fortunate to have a great deal of community interest in volunteering and this interest often exceeds our available positions, though new opportunities are always arising.
Please see the following requirements & important information:
- Volunteers must commit to at least 6 – 8 weeks of work on a research project, unless prior arrangements are made between the volunteer and faculty mentor.
- Once selected, volunteers are required to complete the appropriate paperwork and provide proof of a negative PPD test that will not expire while the volunteer is on our campus.
- Once selected, it can take 4 – 6 weeks to process and orient a new volunteer. Be sure to allow this amount of time in the volunteer set-up process should your participation have a fixed start and end date (e.g. summer volunteers).
- Your application does not guarantee placement with a mentor/project, but it does guarantee you will be placed on a list of prospective volunteers accessible by all UCSF Fresno faculty for at least one year.
- Research volunteers are allowed to have little to no contact with study patients.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Once selected, a background check will be performed as part of the volunteer process. Unfortunately at this time, international students and graduates that do not have a SSN are currently ineligible to participate in research per the hospital’s regulations.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM (MS Word document)
If you have additional questions regarding volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.