UCSF Fresno offers medical student opportunities in ob/gyn, including:
- Traditional core clerkships in ob/gyn for UCSF and UC Merced PRIME third-year medical students
- Elective fourth-year clerkships in ob/gyn, which are open to all students.
The residents in our program are actively involved in teaching medical students. These teaching opportunities take place in labor and delivery, antepartum, postpartum, operative room, prenatal diagnostic center for high risk obstetric care, ambulatory clinic and during didactics.
The OB/GYN Department offers the following elective rotations:
- 140.05- Advanced Inpatient: Medical students will work closely with residents and attendings at Community Regional Medical Center. Schedule will be divided between labor and delivery and the gynecology service.
- 140.21- Maternal Fetal Medicine: Medical students will work closely with residents and perinatologist at Community Regional Medical Center and University Women’s Specialty Center (prenatal diagnostic center). There, they will participate in the management of a wide variety of maternal-fetal complications.
For more information, go to the
Medical Student Programs
UCSF Fresno Obstetrics and Gynecology
Scholarship for Visiting UiM Students- 2022
The UCSF Fresno Obstetrics and Gynecology program is excited to offer a visiting student scholarship opportunity to individuals who are Underrepresented in Medicine (UiM).
Our institution was established to meet the needs of the San Joaquin Valley by training and retaining physicians to provide care in our region. It is the mission of the UCSF Fresno Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to promote Women’s Health in Central California by providing innovative and excellent patient care while training the next generation of physicians and advancing patient-centered research while serving our culturally diverse and medically under-served patient population. It is our goal to train physicians who reflect the diversity of our surrounding communities.
Eligibility: To qualify for this scholarship, you must
- Be entering your final year of medical school (graduating 2023)
- Planning to pursue a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Identify as UiM. **
- Be in good academic standing.
- Requirements for the UCSF Fresno’ clinical electives must also be met. https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/medical-student-programs/list-of-elective-rotations/
- Prior to the start of your rotation, passed Step 1 of the USMLE or Comlex
** UIM includes a member of the LGBTQ+ communities or underrepresented minorities as described by the California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development which includes: Black, African Americans or Africans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians, Native Americans or Alaskan natives, Native Hawaiians or other Pacific Islanders and Asians (other than: Chinese, Filipinos, Japanese, Koreans, Malaysians, Pakistanis, Asian Indian, and Thai)
This scholarship supports students by reducing the costs related to the clerkship travel, application/tuition fee and housing expenses. Scholarship awardees will receive reimbursement for the below expenses upon submission of receipts.
- Student Housing
- Up to $1000 for travel (transportation) costs
- Application/Tuition fees
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, please complete our application process by using this link; https://ucsf.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bxv8qsXiFlC03gq . You will be expected to upload your CV, Medical School Transcripts and USMLE and/or COMLEX Transcripts.
Applications are due by midnight (PST) on Friday, April 29th, 2022.
Questions about the scholarship or our clerkship? Please email our Clerkship Coordinator, Jeanette Naranjo @ firstname.lastname@example.org