The UCSF Fresno Obstetrics & Gynecology residency program is a four-year ACGME-accredited program. The program matches four PGY-1 residents each year.
The UCSF Fresno Obstetrics & Gynecology residency program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Program Director – Christopher Downer, MD
For information about our application requirements please see below. For answers to specific questions, please contact:
Wendelen Rodriguez, Residency Coordinator
We are currently following the CREOG/APGO guidelines that can be found at the APGO website.
- Application Deadline- November 1st
- Interview invitations will match the number of available interview slots
- 1st round of interviews will be sent out on November 10th with any remaining slots sent out on November 17th. Cancellation offers will be sent out on an as needed basis.
- Individuals will have 48 hours to schedule their interview once the invitation has been sent. Our program uses Thalamus to allow applicants to self-schedule.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status by December 23rd.
- All recruitment activities will be virtual
Application Requirements: (Program Specific Information)
UCSF Fresno OB/GYN reviews every application. All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted via the ERAS program. All applicants will be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire that will be sent out. The following information is considered when deciding whether to invite an applicant for an interview:
- Common Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation (encouraged) dated within the last 3 years; recommendations from OB/GYN physicians are especially encouraged
- Medical School Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores (USMLE Step 1 & 2)
- USMLE Step 1/Comlex CE- minimum score of 220/500 is recommended- first time pass
When complete, the program will review each application and select individuals who will be invited for an interview. All applicants will be notified of their status no later than December 23rd.
If you are selected for a personal interview, you will be notified via Thalamus and will have 48 hours to schedule your own interview date.
We will host a virtual Meet & Greet the night before the interviews and currently our virtual interview day will be from 8am-2pm.
Notice of Employment Eligibility Requirements at UCSF Fresno will be sent to you via docusign prior to your interview but we encourage you to click on the link and review it beforehand.
Fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.