The UCSF Fresno Obstetrics & Gynecology residency program is a four-year ACGME-accredited program. The program matches four PGY-1 residents each year.
The UCSF Fresno Obstetrics & Gynecology residency program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Program Director – Christopher Downer, MD
For information about our application requirements please see below. For answers to specific questions, please contact:
Wendelen Rodriguez, Residency Coordinator
We are currently following the CREOG/APGO guidelines that can be found at the APGO website.
- Application Deadline- October 1st
- Interview invitations will match the number of available interview slots
- All interview offers will be released on October 19, 2021. Any remaining interviews or canceled interviews will be offered on an on-going basis until filled.
- Individuals will have 48 hours to schedule their interview once the invitation has been sent. Our program uses Thalamus to allow applicants to self-schedule.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status by November 19, 2021
- Begin interviews no earlier than October 25, 2021.
- All recruitment activities will be virtual, including local student interviews.
Application Requirements/Recommendations: (Program Specific Information)
All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted via the ERAS program. All applicants are highly encouraged to complete a supplemental questionnaire that will be emailed through ERAS.
UCSF Fresno OB/GYN reviews every application from a holistic standpoint therefore, the following information is considered when deciding whether to invite an applicant for an interview but is not the sole basis for an interview offer.
- Common Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation (encouraged) dated within the last 3 years; recommendations from OB/GYN physicians are especially encouraged
- Medical School Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores (USMLE Step 1 & 2)
- USMLE Step 1/Comlex CE- recommended minimum score of 220/500- first time pass
- Interest in teaching
- Interest in caring for underserved population
- Interest in practicing in the Central Valley and/or California.
When application packet is complete, the program will review each packet and select individuals who will be invited for an interview. All applicants will be notified of their status no later than November 19th. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified via Thalamus and will have 48 hours to schedule your own interview date.
Virtual Meet & Greets are hosted by residents the evening before interviews. Currently our virtual interview day will be from 8am-2pm. Notice of Employment Eligibility Requirements at UCSF Fresno will be sent to you via DocuSign prior to your interview, but we encourage you to click on the link and review it beforehand.
UCSF Fresno OBGYN follows the NRMP’s Code of Conduct regarding post-interview communication. We understand it is not always clear on how applicants should proceed after interviews, so we have provided the below information to help during this process.
Additional Questions- Our goal is to have all applicant questions answered during the interview process. If applicants have post-interview questions, we encourage them to reach out to Fresno-ObGyn@ucsf.edu.
Thank You Cards- We kindly request that all applicants refrain from mailing Thank You Cards. The intention is appreciated; however, they do not play a part in our rank list selection and may not be received immediately due to staff working remotely.
Program Communication- All applicants we have invited to interview are well qualified applicants that would fit into our program. Our post-interview silence, in no way, indicates that we are not interested in you as an applicant.
Fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education