Physician Assistant (PA) and Nurse Practitioner (NP) Student Electives Policy
UCSF Fresno now accepts Physician Assistant (PA) and Nurse Practitioner (NP) students in a limited manner based on clinical department availability and approval.
Application Fee – PA and NP students are included in excluded tuition and only must submit the application processing fee of $300 per rotation.
Physician Assistant students must be enrolled in good standing in a program accredited by The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) and Nurse Practitioner students enrolled in good standing in an accredited program. All 4-week clinical rotations are subject to department approval and based on volume and needs of the clinical service or department.
P.A. and NP students are required to APPLY here for elective rotation PA 120 or NP 120
- Please enter your preferred elective department on the online application notes section.
- Please note that all rotations must be scheduled at least 30 days from date of application.
The following items should be emailed to the onboarding coordinator Monica Wall at Mwall@fresno.ucsf.edu once the online application is completed.
- Copy of health insurance card
- Letter of good standing from P.A. program administrator (including evidence of background check and malpractice insurance completed).
- Copy of CPR certification
- Copy of C.V.
- Copy of current Transcript (unofficial copy acceptable)
- Selection of clinical elective: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Ob-Gyn or Emergency Medicine
Rotation approval is subject to clinical department availability. Students will be notified of acceptance of rotation by email. Please wait for approval email prior to submission of the processing fee.
Upon review and acceptance of the application, a non-refundable processing fee of $300 must be submitted. Students will have up to one week to submit the processing fee using the
Students must apply for rotations a minimum of 30 days in advance in order for application to be considered. The UME department will not accept last minute rotation requests.
Students are welcome to apply for multiple rotations in different clinical departments. All rotations must be approved by the clinical department.