University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Fresno announces a new one (1) year Maternal Child Health Fellowship. We are recruiting one (1) fellow to begin training in July, 2019. Candidates must be ABFM or certified or board eligible.
To be considered for fellowship training, please submit the following documents:
- Copy of the Universal Application (AAMC)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from your Family Medicine Residency Program Director)
- Current CV that includes all publications
- USMLE Transcript
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Current Valid Medical License
All application documents should be addressed to:
Ivan Gomez, MD, Program Director
MCH Fellowship, UCSF Fresno
155 N Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93701
Minimum Employment Requirements
To be eligible for a residency/fellowship appointment contract with the UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program, all current or expected trainees must possess one of the following for the duration of their anticipated years of training:
- be a United States citizen
- be in possession of a green card
- be in possession of an EAD (work permit)
- possess an ECFMG –sponsored J-1 visa
UCSF Fresno doesn’t generally sponsor H-1B visas, please contact individual programs regarding their policy on H-1B visa sponsorship.
California Medical License
The State of California requires housestaff who meet the following criteria to have a license in order to continue training:
- US Graduate- must possess a license by the 1st day of the 25th month of (all) US ACGME Accredited Post Graduate Training
- Foreign/International Graduate- must possess a license by the 1st day of the 37th month of (all) US ACGME Accredited Post Graduate Training
UCSF Fresno is committed to selecting and hiring the most capable housestaff in order to pursue its strategic goals of excellence in teaching, learning, research, scholarship, creative activity and service to the community. All offers of appointment to UCSF Fresno sponsored GME programs are specifically conditioned upon a criminal background investigation. Background checks will be carried out by an agency on behalf of UCSF Fresno Graduate Medical Education Office. By signing the background check release form, prospective trainees are consenting to a background investigation.
Additional Information for Foreign Medical Graduates
The State of California requires that graduates of schools outside the U.S. or Canada obtain a “Postgraduate Training Authorization” letter authorizing residency training in California. The letter is valid for entry into a training program for one year. The expected start date for residency training must be before the letter expires (one year from issue date).
You must be in possession of an ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) certificate in order to commence residency training in the United States. Please visit the ECFMG website at www.ecfmg.org for additional information on how to obtain certification.
For additional information please contact:
Catherine Dunlap, Fellowship Supervisor