For HCOP students pursuing medicine, dentistry or pharmacy, a unique program is offered at the upper division level. Eligible HCOP students can apply to the Pre-medical and Health Scholars Program, a strand specifically focused on preparing students for health professional school (medical, pharmacy, dentistry).
Services include health professional school application seminars, a site visit to UCSF Schools of Pharmacy, Dentistry and Medicine, a Great Valley tour to learn about local health disparities, networking experiences, mentoring opportunities and an MCAT/DAT preparation course.
For more information, contact the HCOP office at (559) 241-7670
What do you get as an HCOP student?
HCOP students at Fresno State receive additional program support throughout their undergraduate studies. These include:
• Priority enrollment in selected math and science courses*
• Specific advising to students pursuing health careers
• A five week clinical and community summer program
• Individual and group tutorials for math and science core classes
• Field trips to health professions schools and pre-health conferences
• MCAT, DAT, PCAT and GRE courses for preparation for professional school
• Assistance with your health professional school application
NOW OPEN: Health Career Connection (HCC)’s paid summer internship program
Application for the program will open in November 2017, please see web site for details
More links on other summer program opportunities:
The Makers of TYLENOL® are excited to support students studying to be health care providers. Learn more about TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship and meet last years recipiants
Be a resident of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico or the District of ColumbiaWho is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- If the applicant is an undergraduate student: must have completed at least one year of undergraduate course study by the
Spring of 2018 at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational –technical school. You must provide
proof of enrollment to a health education, medical school, public health, nursing, and/or pharmacy degree program.
- If the applicant is a graduate student: must provide proof of enrollment to a graduate program in health education,
medical school, public health, nursing, and/or pharmacy degree program.
- Must have one or more years of school remaining
- Scholarships will be awarded to students and practitioners who are seeking a degree to actively treat patients.
- Employees of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, ISTS, Inc., their affiliates,
subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible.
When is the application deadline?
June 28, 2018