ANNUAL CORE LECTURES
Core topics in Interventional Cardiology are covered by didactic lectures and web-based learning modules.
- Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Valvular and Structural Heart Disease
- Anticoagulation Management
- Hemodynamic Support Devices (LVAD, IMPELLA, IABP)
- Cardiac Intensive Care
- Case Selection
- IVUA/ FFR
- Radiation Safety
- Device Selection
- Complex Anatomy ( Left Main, Ostial, Bifurcation)
- Coronary Spasm
- No reflow phenomenon
Throughout the year, formal didactic sessions are conducted on a daily basis from 7:30 – 8:30 AM. The core faculty members are required to attend, ensuring a high quality academic learning experience for the fellows. These conferences are also frequently attended by the private cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons. In addition to the morning sessions, noon Cardiology Grand Rounds are also conducted weekly, where national and international experts in the field of cardiovascular disease are invited to speak.
- Clinical Case Conference (Mondays)
- Non-Invasive Conference (Tuesdays)
- Cardiology Grand Rounds (Tuesdays)
- Invasive Conference (Wednesdays)
- Special Topic Lectures (Thursdays)
- Interventional Cardiology Case Conference (Thursday Afternoon)
- EKG & Hemodynamics Conference (Fridays)
Monthly and quarterly sessions are conducted in a formal highly didactic approach.
- Journal Club
- Morbidity & Mortality Conference
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Fellows are encouraged to attend at least one national scientific session each year of either the i2 Summit or the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) meeting. They are also encouraged to attend a SCAI fellows course.
Fellows participate in scholarly activity and meet the scholarship requirement by participating in 1 (one) of the following:
- Faculty Research Project
- Participation in QI or QA project.
- Initiation and conduct of clinical trials.