Residents and fellows interested in attending international conferences or completing an academic elective abroad may apply for a grant of up to $1000 through the UCSF Fresno Global Health Curriculum.
The application has a rolling deadline and approvals are typically granted at quarterly meetings of the GMEC Subcommittee on Global Health. Recipients will be notified by email.
Each recipient must attend at least one council meeting or event in the quarter in which the grant application is received. To be eligible for UCSF Fresno Global Health grant funding, the applicant must:
1. Be in good standing with his/her training program
2. Register for Travel Insurance provided free of charge by University of California. (https://www.ucop.edu/risk-services/loss-prevention-control/travel-assistance/enrolling-in-uc-trip-insurance.html)
3. Check with your coordinator to make sure a PLA has been completed if needed
4. Provide itemized receipts in order to be reimbursed
5. Incorporate what was learned (at the conference or during the elective) into an educational presentation to benefit other residents in their program and at UCSF Fresno. This can be accomplished with a live presentation (15-30 minutes in length) on the UCSF Fresno campus, or a 1-page narrative describing the experience, activities, and lessons learned after the trip is completed.