UCSF Fresno and Community Regional Medical Center provide a superior medical toxicology experience for learners of all levels and a variety of disciplines.
The UCSF Fresno Medical Toxicology division activities include:
- Directing medical toxicology services at Community Regional Medical Center (CRMC) including antidote stewardship, hospital protocols, and interdepartmental care of poisoned patients in all age groups.
- 24/7/365 Inpatient toxicology consultations at Community Regional Medical Center.
- We accept transfers from all over Central California for toxicologic cases such as critically ill poisonings and rattlesnake envenomations.
- If you would like to transfer a patient, please call the CRMC transfer center at (559) 459-5555 and ask to speak with a toxicologist.
- We have a high volume of cases with urban and rural toxicology, envenomations, plant toxin exposures, occupational and chronic exposures, and pediatric toxicology .
- A comprehensive two-week inpatient toxicology rotation for PGY-3 Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics residents and Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine fellows.
- The objectives for this rotation are accomplished by independent study, bedside teaching rounds, and regular didactic sessions with the Medical Toxicology attending physicians (Drs. Armenian & Darracq).
- Medical students, mid-level trainees, and residents can rotate with us when the Medical Toxicology elective is being offered.
- For rotation information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Support trainees with independent research projects, travel for toxicology conferences, and international toxicology rotations.
- For research study information, contact email@example.com
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the Fresno Chaffee Zoo’s venomous reptiles’ collection, where we provide medical direction in case of envenomation.
- Asynchronous online education utilizing resources such as “Tox-in-a-Box” which are created by or co-curated by UCSF Fresno Tox faculty.
- Faculty are also active in peer review and expert witness work in all aspects of medical toxicology and clinical pharmacology.
- Community involvement in poisoning and overdose outbreaks in conjunction with Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health, US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of California and Drug Enforcement Agency.
Some of our favorite resources:
- Poisoning and Drug Overdose , Seventh Edition (internal link)
- Dr. Armenian’s Publications
- Dr. Darracq’s Publications
Please select “View bio” below for links to recent faculty paper publications.