UCSF Fresno COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Thank you for considering a gift to support UCSF Fresno, as we work to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Together with our colleagues across the San Joaquin Valley, UCSF Fresno faculty members and residents are caring for patients while actively monitoring and responding to the evolving situation. As the COVID-19 outbreak expands, UCSF Fresno is committed to providing the best health care for our community while also protecting the health of our faculty, staff, and students.
If you would like to support this effort, given the pressure it is placing on UCSF Fresno’s resources you can make a gift to the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Your gift will help address the needs of patients and caregivers impacted by COVID-19 and will support emerging areas of greatest need, such as:
- Covering extended staff time for health care providers working directly on the crisis and expanding paid leave for those who may become ill or need time off to care for a loved one.
- Purchasing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) to help safeguard clinicians and patients.
- Providing temporary housing for on-call clinicians who are at risk of infecting elderly relatives, pregnant partners, and other vulnerable family members
- Providing healthy refreshments, places to rest, and toiletry bags to sustain the health and well-being of clinicians working long shifts.
Your gift may also be used to combat COVID-19 through related research and educational efforts, including:
- Training local frontline medical providers.
- Facilitating research initiatives related to COVID-19.
- Helping UCSF Fresno’s under-resourced students access the tools they need for effective virtual and distance learning.
You can learn about how UCSF and UCSF Fresno are responding to the outbreak of the coronavirus respiratory illness COVID-19, including perspectives from infectious disease experts, psychologists, and UCSF Health providers, by visiting our COVID-19 Resources Page.
UCSF Fresno is accepting donations of critical supplies for our frontline care providers, including protective equipment and sanitizing items. Visit our How You Can Help page to see how you can donate supplies.