CRMC is a 626-bed hospital that serves as the only Burn Center and Level 1 Trauma Center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The training programs at CRMC are affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco. The 96-bed emergency department has approximately 120,000 visits per year.
The four-year Emergency Medicine Residency, established in 1974, currently trains 10-12 residents per year. The Family Medicine Residency is a dynamic program which has graduated more than 400 residents since its inception in 1970. It is a model for community-based training, balancing service and education needs for a large multi-cultural underserved population.
Each year, approximately 245 medical residents in eight specialties and nearly 40 fellows in 12 sub-specialties call our campus home. Approximately 250 medical students also receive training at UCSF Fresno throughout the academic year.
Clinical Job Description
- The Emergency Medicine Wilderness fellow will work a minimum of eight, eight-hour, shifts per month in the Emergency Department at CRMC. Additional shifts per month may be available for additional income for the fellow if it does not interfere with the ability to satisfactorily complete curricular expectations.
- The Family Practice Wilderness fellow will work a 0.6 FTE clinical load. This would be an average of 5 half-days per week plus 6 weekend calls covering OB. With certain commitments, such as the medical student 2-week elective, or January NPS Parkmedic Course, the schedule can be adjusted beforehand to cushion a full-time block of curricular experiences by two weeks of 75% time (7 or 8 half days) with the Department of Family and Community Medicine preceding and following longer events. Call weekends would be scheduled away from any wilderness activities in advance. Shifts in the Prompt Care Clinic affiliated with CRMC may be available for additional income for the fellow if it does not interfere with the ability to satisfactorily complete curricular expectations.
- The fellow will be an employee of the Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG).
- The fellow with hold a UCSF academic promotions title: Clinical Instructor.
- Competitive salary with benefits commensurate with clinical positions.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) annual stipend of $2,500.
- Office, computer, administrative, and research support is available.