For Touro Medical Students (3rd year) applying for rotations at UCSF Fresno
Prior to Application:
Third year Touro University students pre-assigned to Fresno must follow application guidelines established by UCSF Fresno. Please communicate directly with the FCM site scheduler regarding course information and date selection before submitting an online application.
Rotation dates follow the UCSF academic calendar. Rotations are available in 6 or 8 week timeframes; with scheduled rotations beginning on a Monday and ending on a Friday. The FCM program has established a block schedule procedure for 3rd year Touro students.
Standard Touro 3rd Year Courses. Fee includes student application fee and course program fee:
Total cost for 8 week course: $2872
8 Week Courses:
-FCM 140.53 (MED D)
-FCM 140.53 (FM)
Total cost for 6 week course: $2254
6 Week Courses:
STUDENT OR SCHOOL WILL BE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT THE COURSE FEE UPON APPROVAL AND ACCEPTANCE OF STUDENT APPLICATION BY THE PROGRAM.
ALL FEES DUE WITHIN 45 DAYS OF NOTICE AND PRIOR TO STUDENT ADMISSION.
Third-Year Touro Students are Eligible to Apply For:
1. FCM 140.53 Advanced Inpatient
2. PEDS 110 (pediatric core rotation) if given approval by Pediatrics Site Director
3. Courses falling within the current academic year; courses falling within the next academic year must be applied for at a later date.
1. Other UCSF Fresno clerkships do not usually accept 3rd year Touro students.
2. 4th year Touro students are eligible to apply for clinical elective opportunities as long as course pre-requisites have been satisfied. Applications for 4th year electives are processed by the UME office and must be approved by the clinical department. The fee for each 4th year clerkship is $1040 and is payable upon acceptance of VSAS offers or as requested by timeframe set by the Undergraduate Medical Education program.
3. Course information can be found online at:
4. Information regarding visiting student requirements can be found online at:
5. Once desired rotations are identified, Touro students must apply online at the following link:
Once an application receives final approval and fees have been paid, the office of Undergraduate Medical Education will contact the student directly with information regarding housing, orientation, etc.
For more information, please contact: