The UCSF Fresno Infectious Disease Fellowship Program uses the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS at sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges. 

Program Director – Naiel Nassar, MD
For information about our application requirements please see below.  For answers to specific questions, please contact:
Lorna Tahan, Fellowship Program Coordinator

155 N. Fresno St. #307 Fresno, CA 93701
Telephone:  (559) 499 -6484
FAX:  (559) 499-6501
Web address: disease
UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program web address:
Application Requirements:  ( Program Specific Information)
Applicant must have or will graduate from an Internal Medicine resident program in the USA
Applicants must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
All fellows must a have a valid California State Medical License to start Fellowship training. For more information, contact Medical Board of California.



Minimum Employment Requirements
To be eligible for an appointment contract for residency training with “The University of California” all current or expected trainees must possess one of the following for the duration of all anticipated years of training:



The University does not sponsor H-1B visas. Please contact individual programs regarding their policy on sponsoring H-1B visas.

California Medical License
The State of California requires housestaff who meet the following criteria to have a license in order to continue training:



Background Checks
UCSF Fresno is committed to selecting and hiring the most capable housestaff in order to pursue its strategic goals of excellence in teaching, learning, research, scholarship, creative activity and service to the community.   All offers of appointment to UCSF Fresno sponsored GME programs are specifically conditioned upon a criminal background investigation. Background checks will be carried out by an agency on behalf of UCSF Fresno Graduate Medical Education Office. By signing the background check release form, prospective trainees are consenting to a background investigation


Additional Information for Foreign Medical Graduates
You must be in possession of an ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) certificate in order to complete residency training in the United States.  Please visit the ECFMG website at  for additional information on how to obtain certification.


Fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.