The Division of Gastroenterlogy and Hepatology at UCSF Fresno is devoted to educating trainees in optimal medical management through a multidisciplinary approach, advances in endoscopic therapeutics, continuous scholarly academic activities, and foster research innovations, as well as supporting quality improvement initiatives. Our focus is to improve patient care through enhanced understanding of pathophysiology, clinical trials, and new endoscopic technologies, in collaboration with the neighboring institutions. Our goals are:
- Providing a multidisciplinary team of academic and community physicians to deliver state-of-the-art and quality services to our digestive disease patients.
- Bringing the latest endoscopic innovations and powerful tools to manage difficult pancreato-biliary conditions and GI tract neoplasia.
- Offering the newest breakthrough treatments for patients with hepatitis and other liver diseases.
- Participating in the cutting edge clinical and translational research through novel ideas and collaborations.
- Sharing evidence-based medicine with our colleagues and future physicians through CME programs, such as “Valley Gut Club."