The Division and Fellowship Program provide several programs for our patients in the Central Valley, while delivering an academic setting for our fellows.
General Gastroenterology and Diagnostic Studies
• Narrow band imaging (NBI) and chromo-endoscopy to diagnose small adenomas and other mucosal abnormalities.
• Endoscopic banding, clipping, Injection gold probe hemostasis, Argon plasma coagulation (APC), and sclerotherapy to control intestinal bleeding.
• Esophageal Manometery.
• Bravo pH monitoring.
• Wireless Capsule Endoscopy.
• Dilatation of benign strictures.
• Advanced endoscopic nutritional access with PEJ and PEG-J.
• Management of difficult stone disease with mechanical & electro-hydraulic lithotripsy.
• Metal stenting of biliary strictures.
• Cholangioscopy with spyglass for undefined strictures/difficult stone disease.
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
• Staging of esophageal, pancreatic and rectal cancers.
• Diagnosis of submucosal intestinal tumors.
• Fine needle aspiration biopsy for pancreatic/mediastinal lesions.
• Management of pancreatic cysts.
• EUS guided management of pancreatic pseudocysts
• Celiac plexus blocks for management of pain in pancreatic cancers.
• EUS guided fiducial placements for Cyberknife therapy for pancreatic cancer.
Others Specialized Procedures
• Esophageal stents for palliation for inoperable esophageal cancers.
• Palliative colonic stenting of malignant strictures.
• Barrett's ablation with BARRX.
• Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) for Barrett’s esophagus & flat colonic lesions.
• Enteral (duodenal) stenting for palliation.
• Endoscopic management of bariatric surgery complications.
• Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) for management of cirrhosis complications
• Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) and transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) for selected patients with hepatocellular cancers.