- Smiley EM, Paul S, Browning MD, Leibel RL, Hirsch J.Protein phosphorylation in isolated human adipocytes--adrenergic control of the posphorylation of hormone-sensitive lipase. Life Sciences 1990; 47:849-858.
- Ribeiro de Jesus A, Cooper R, Espinos M, Gomes JEPL, de Souza Garcia E, Paul S, Cross GAM. Gene deletion suggests a role for Trypanosoma cruzi surface glycoprotein GP72 in the insect and mammalian stages of the life cycle. J Cell Sci 1993; 106:1023-1033.
- Acosta-Medina E, Schenkman S, Paul S. Combined occurrence of trypanosomal sialidase/trans-sialidase activities and leishmanial metalloproteinase gene homologues in Endotrypanum sp. Mol Biochem Parasit 1994; 64:273-282.
- Laochumroonvorapong P, Paul S, Elkon K, and Kaplan G. H2O2 Induces monocyte apoptosis and reduces the viability of Mycobacterium avium-Mycobacterium intracellulare within cultured human monocytes. Infection and Immunity 1996; 64:452-459.
- Paul S, Laochumroonvorapong P, and Kaplan. Comparable growth of virulent and avirulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis in human macrophages in vitro. G. J Inf Dis 1996; 174:105-112.
- Laochumroonvorapong P, Paul S, Manca C, Freedman VH, and Kaplan G. Mycobacterial growth and sensitivity to H2O2 killing in human monocytes in vitro. Infection and Immunity 1997; 65:4850-4857.
- Manca C, Paul S, Barry III CE, Freedman VH, Kaplan G.Mycobacterium tuberculosis catalase-peroxidase activity and resistance to oxidative killing in human monocytes in vitro. Infection and Immunity 1999; 67(1): 74-9.
- Gomes MS, Paul S, Moreira AL, Appelberg R. Rabinovitch M, Kaplan G. Survival of Mycobacterium avium intracellulare and Mycobacterium tuberculosis in acidified vacuoles of murine macrophages. Infection and Immunity 1999; 67(7): 3199-3206.
- Paul S, Gilbert HM, Ziecheck W, Jacobs J, Sepkowitz KA The impact of potent antiretroviral therapy on the characteristics of hospitalized patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection.. AIDS 1999; 13:415-418.
- Sinai, AP, Paul S, Rabinovitch M, Kaplan G, Joiner KA. Coinfection of fibroblasts with Coxiella burnetti and Toxoplasma gondii: to each their own. Microbes and Infection, 2000; 2(7):727-736.
- Paul S, Gilbert HM, Lande L, Vaamonde CV, Jacobs J, Malak S, Sepkowitz KA. Impact of antiretroviral therapy on decreasing hospitalization rates of HIV-infected patients in 2001. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 2002; 18(7):501-506.
- Paul, S. Prioritization of medical problems to improve adherence. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2002; 71(4):211-213.
- Paul S, Bogdanov, MB, Matson WR, Metakis L, Jacobs J, Beal MF. Urinary 8’OH-2’-deoxyguanosine, a metabolite of oxidized DNA, is not elevated in HIV patients on combination antiretroviral therapy. Free Radical Research, 2003; 37(5):499-502.
- Casau NC, Glesby MJ, Paul S, Gulick RM.Brief Report: Efficacy and treatment-limiting toxicity with the concurrent use of lopinavir/ritonavir and a third protease inhibitor in treatment-experienced HIV-infected patients. J AIDS, 2003; 15;32(5)494-8.
- Paul, S; Javed, Usman; Tevendale, Robert; Lanford, Jill; Liu, Raymond.Acquired factor VIII inhibitor in an HIV-infected patient after treatment with pegylated interferon-[alpha] 2a and ribavirin.AIDS. 21(6):784-785, March 30, 2007.
- Kethineni, N, Mortimer R, Flamang S, Lanford J, Paul S. Transferring care is a marker for poor adherence with treatment for HIV infection. J Invest Med. Vol 52, #1, January 2004
- Paul, S, Fattor J, Peterson M, Brooks G. Lactate Clamp Methodology for Investigation of Mitochondrial Toxicity in Patients Receiving Nucleoside Analogue Treatment. Abstract 816, Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), October 2005, San Francisco.
- Mortimer, RB, Paul, S, Hughes S. Central California HIV-Infected Hispanics Have Disporportionate Rates of Cryptococcal Meningitis. Abstract 850, Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), October 2005, San Francisco.
- Wu H, Paul, S. Disseminated Mycobacterium Avium and AIDS: A Changing Spectrum of Disease. Western Medical Research Conference, February 2006, Carmel.
- Paul S, Mau T, Van Gundy K, Volkov P, Brooks GA. Reduced aerobic capacity in HIV infected patients is associated with decreased capacity for lactate oxidation during exercise. Experiment Biology 2008/American Physiological Society, April 2008, San Diego.
- Cooke J, Jacinto T, Paul S, Ramirez L. Internet access in the waiting room: an educational resource. Ryan White Conference, Washington D.C., 2008.
- Dizon D, Paul, S, Fong J, Lugue M. The utility of the quantiferon-gold TB assay in detecting tuberculosis infections among HIV patients and its implications for public health in Fresno County. American Thoracic Society, May 2009, San Diego.