||Distinction in General Internal Medicine, Stanley Medical College
Distinction in Ophthalmology, Stanley Medical College
Associate Royal College Tutor, George Elliot Hospital
Best Teacher Award, University of Birmingham
Best Presenter Award, ACP Poster Session, Madison, WI
Dr. James Skatrud Award, Wisconsin Thoracic Society
Best Research Presentation Award, MCW Research Retreat
Outstanding Faculty of the year 2007-08
- Role of CT scan in diagnosis of Complicated Pneumothorax' – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, A.B. Whitehouse, British Medical Journal (BMJ).
- “Cullen’s sign” – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, James P. Maloney – published in the journal of “Resident & Staff Physician” in their “Picture Perfect” Section – Feb 2007.
- “Cystic Brain Metastases in Small cell Lung carcinoma – A case report” – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Ralph Schapira - Published in the journal of “Clinical Pulmonary medicine” November 2005.
- “Actinomycotic Liver Abscess with Pleural empyema” – Suresh Ramamurthy, Vijay P. Balasubramanian and William O’Neill – Published in the journal of “Resident & Staff Physician” in the “Photo Quiz” Section – December 2005.
- “Pneumocystis Pneumonia with parapneumonic effusion in a Non-HIV Immunocompromised host” – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Richard Komorowski, Linus H. Santo Tomas – Published in the Wisconsin Medical Journal, February 2006.
- “COPD – Effects beyond the Lungs” – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Basil Varkey – Review article – Current opinion in Pulmonary medicine: 12(2): 106-112, March 2006.
- “Successful treatment of Absidia Corymbifera Brain abscess in a Lung Transplant recipient” – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Nehal Bhatt, Kenneth Presberg, Mary Beth Graham – CHEST 2006 Scientific Highlights – 296S.
- “Lung cancer masquerading as Pulmonary artery Thrombus – Diagnosis by Pulmonary Endoarterial biopsy” – Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Todd Gienapp, Lawrence Goodman, Kenneth Presberg, George Haasler – CHEST 2006 Highlights – 312S.
- “A man with acute chest pain – A gut-wrenching problem” – Khampha Thepavong, Vijay Balasubramanian – Accepted for publication in the “Picture Perfect” section of Journal of Resident and Staff physician.
- “An adult case of Bronchial atresia mimicking Pulmonary thromboembolism” – EricP. Wilson, Jagruti Patel, Fred Logalbo, Vijay P. Balasubramanian – Awaiting publication in the January 2009 issue of Journal of Clinical Pulmonary Medicine.
- “Review of Adult Tracheomalacia – Relationship with COPD” – A Review article for Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine – Chitra Kandaswamy, Vijay Balasubramanian - Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2009 Mar;15(2):113-9. Review.
- “Neither Infectious nor Gangrenous” – A case of pyoderma gangrenosum - Wisconsin Medical Journal, Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Ruric Anderson (Abstract).
- Vijay P. Balasubramanian, Y.Gao, T.Lowry, M. Sharma, E.R. Jacobs, M. Medhora, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI – Early Changes in Rat Pulmonary Vasoreactivity Following Radiation – ATS 2006, Session C 140, Abstract A 685.
- Vijay P. Balasubramanian, F. Soto, J.P. Maloney, K.W.Presberg, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI - Evaluation of Sarcoidosis associated Pulmonary Hypertension (SARPH) – ATS 2006, Session A 133, Abstract A 170.
- “Miliary” nodules in HIV – Not always TB !! – Nirupama Ramkumar, Vijay Balasubramanian – Clinical Vignette – Abstract accepted – ACP California 2008.
- Massive Pulmonary Embolism and Ischemic Stroke – To Thrombolyse or not ? – Bing Shen, Jagruti Patel, Vijay Balasubramanian - Clinical Vignette – Abstract accpeted – ACP California 2008.
- An Unusual case of Pulmonary Neoplasm – “A Fairy tale ending” - Linda Hamidjaja, Chitra Kandaswamy, Vijay Balasubramanian - Clinical Vignette – Abstract accepted – ACP California 2008.
- The Diagnostic Utility of Positive Aspergillus Respiratory Cultures in detection of Aspergillus Related Pulmonary Syndromes (ARPS) – J Patel, R Gaur, Z Reagle, R Lesperance, R Libke, J Joseph, V Balasubramanian – Abstract submitted – ATS 2008.