UCSF Fresno has partnered with ELM Exchange, the leading provider of online healthcare risk management and patient safety education programs and resources, to offer access to the highest quality risk management continuing education courses. This convenient online program is proven to help create a culture of enhanced patient safety and increases quality of care. These courses feature:
- Information to minimize your liability exposure and gain confidence understanding the intersection between medicine and the law
- Access to courses via the web 24/7 from any computer (or mobile device) with internet access using your username/email address and password
- A user-friendly system that allows you to stop and start at your convenience and print certificates right from your e-classroom
- Case study based education that is engaging and represents actual medical malpractice claims
ALL NEW RESIDENTS AND FELLOWS ARE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ONLINE COURSES:
- Physician Impairment
- Ethical Dilemmas: Unprofessional Behaviors
- Scope of Practice
- Fatigue Management for the Resident Physician
- Informed Consent: Discussion & Documentation
- Professionalism for the Resident Physician
- Managing the Adolescent Patient: Social Issues (this additional course to be completed by Pediatric residents only)
Each takes less than an hour, includes goals & objectives, an overview of principles, several case studies and a post-test. Courses can be stopped and restarted as needed. You will be asked to complete a short assessment prior to accessing the course units.
- Go to http://ucfresno.elmexchange.com
- If you are a New User, UCSF Fresno from the drop down list and fill out the short registration form. If you have already registered, enter your Username and Password under the title Returning Users to sign in.
- Once login has been completed, you will be greeted by a Welcome page, select the My Courses button to enter your e-classroom
- After you’ve finished your test and before logging off, you must complete and submit the brief post-course survey. Once submitted, you will be returned to the original My Courses page showing your score(s). (Faculty: If you want a CME certificate, click the adjacent link and print it out.)
IF YOU HAVE TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE ELM COURSES, PLEASE CONTACT:
ELM at (888) 315-4ELM (4356) or (303) 223-2622
For Password reset: http://www.elmexchange.com/ccc/help.asp
OR contact Carrie Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the UCSF Fresno GME office at (559-499-6572).