We are currently accepting applications for the 2019–2020 Academic Year.
To be eligible, the applicant should have:
- Completed an ACGME-accredited Cardiovascular Disease fellowship training program per American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) guidelines
- ABIM board certification or board eligibility
- Must secure full California State Medical License prior to beginning training date
- US citizenship or be in possession of a green card or be in possession of an EAD (work permit)
The following supporting documents are required from each candidate:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement (1 page maximum)
- USMLE Transcript with STEP I, II and III scores
- ABIM Board Certificate
- ECFMG Certificate
- ACLS and BLS certifications
- One Letter of Recommendation from Cardiovascular Disease Program Director
- Two Letters of Recommendations from cardiologists familiar with candidate’s work
Please forward all application materials to Sherrie Yang, Fellowship Program Coordinator.
For information about our application requirements, please refer to Application Process. For answers to specific questions, please contact us.
Ankit Rathod, MD
Fellowship Program Coordinator
Minimum Employment Requirements
To be eligible for a residency/fellowship appointment contract with the UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program, all current or expected trainees must possess one of the following for the duration of their anticipated years of training:
- be a United States citizen
- be in possession of a green card
- be in possession of an EAD (work permit)
California Medical License
The State of California requires house staff who meet the following criteria to have a license in order to continue training:
- US Graduate must possess a license by the 1st day of the 25th month of (all) U.S.ACGME Accredited Post Graduate Training
- Foreign/International Graduate must possess a license by the 1st day of the 37th month of (all) U.S. ACGME Accredited Post Graduate Training
UCSF Fresno is committed to selecting and hiring the most capable house staff in order to pursue its strategic goals of excellence in teaching, learning, research, scholarship, creative activity and service to the community. All offers of appointment to UCSF Fresno sponsored GME programs are specifically conditioned upon a criminal background investigation. Background checks will be carried out by an agency on behalf of UCSF Fresno Graduate Medical Education Office. By signing the background check release form, prospective trainees are consenting to a background investigation
Additional Information for Foreign Medical Graduates
You must be in possession of an ECFMG certificate in order to complete residency training in the United States. Please visit the ECFMG website at https://www.ecfmg.org/ for additional information on how to obtain certification.