Posted on Friday - 12/22/2017 to Up Close
The end of the year is an ideal time to reflect on milestones. In 2017, UCSF Fresno accomplished many achievements and received gifts and honors – all aimed at improving health in the San Joaquin Valley. Here’s a look at some of our shining moments.
- UCSF Fresno filled all available residency spots, representing a 100 percent match for the seventh year in a row.
- The fifth class of San Joaquin Valley PRIME medical students started clinical training with us. We train over 300 medical students on a rotating basis at UCSF Fresno each year.
- The Britz family donated $250,000 for lung research.
- The Peters Foundation donated $50,000 for physician wellness.
- The Central Valley Community Foundation awarded $80,000 to UCSF Fresno for medical student scholarships.
With your support and partnership, UCSF Fresno looks forward to 2018 and continuing our missions of teaching, research, caring for patients and serving the community. To make a gift to UCSF Fresno, please visit: http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/give/